I’m a multi-disciplinary designer focusing on the intersection of design and development. I enjoy building out designs to fully-functional front-end code—bridging the gap between design and development seamlessly.
I’m looking for a creative position that offers challenges, collaboration and mentorship, with an ability to work on projects that impact the world positively.
- I’m a thorough thinker who approaches design challenges holistically—I build solutions from beginning to end with extensibility and modularity in mind.
- I care deeply about how something works as much as its outward appearance—I love to tinker and am always looking to improve, optimize and scale my ideas.
- I’m a lifelong learner who’s always looking to reposition my opinions to reflect new information and become a well-informed, kinder human.
- When I work with others it’s about listening and sharing in the creation of new ideas—the things we make together are always better when we collaborate.
- Responsive Web Design: screens are everywhere, web things should scale and squish and transform to meet the challenges of modern day devices.
- User Experience: screens must be intuitive and a joy to use, the interfaces and experiences should reflect this above all else.
- Branding & Identity: brands are built around how they look, how they speak, and how they make you feel—hopefully all three.
- Project Management: every project consists of many moving parts, each piece must be overseen and nurtured to contribute to a successful whole.
- Content Management: Jekyll, Shopify, Wordpress
- CSS/HTML/JS: LESS, SASS, jQuery, React, Vue
- UI/UX: Adobe Suite, Prototyping, Sketch, User Research
- Version Control: Git, Subversion
Bachelor of Arts in Graphic Design & Video Production
2007 • Forest Grove, OR
Education Advanced, Inc.
Director of UI/UX Development
Currently • Remote
- Directs the user-experience and user-interface of multiple applications within the company.
- Manages multiple design systems and provides thorough documentation and continous evolution of systems.
- Builds static and interactive demos to test new ideas in mutiple environments.
- Collaborates with Creative Director on multiple brand elements and creative projects.
- Contributes to front-end development efforts for multiple applications within the company.
Designer & Front-End Developer
2017 • Remote
- Developed a robust design system to support complete application redesign.
- Improved application UI/UX focusing on consistency between views and a holistic user experience.
- Collaborated with a team of developers on all aspects of the front-end of the application including development of React components and views as well as the CSS of the application.
Creative Director & Front-End Developer
2013–2017 • Maui, HI
- Managed and oversaw all creative projects including websites and iOS/Android applications.
- Collaborated on UI/UX, finalized designs and built out production-level CSS/HTML.
- Consulted on large-scale SaaS projects, offering semantic CSS/HTML recommendations.
2009–2013 • Portland, OR
- Created and maintained collateral for Kaiser Permanente on a national level and while designing within Kaiser Permanente’s brand guidelines.
- Artwork imposition for offset press, plate ordering and press-checks, as well as providing final approval before artwork was printed.
- Examples of projects produced include: facility posters and banners, patient forms, promotional materials, direct-mail pieces and package design.
2007–2009 • Portland, OR
- Designed and prepared educational materials for education coordinators who implemented government-sponsored education plans across the country.
- Established a process for materials development and enforced brand and identity guidelines for all pieces.
- Managed the completion of all creative projects and worked with outside vendors to produce final materials.